By the end of Year 3, most children should:
- show their developing understanding of chronology by realising that the past can be divided into different time periods and by placing events, people and changes into correct periods of time;
- show knowledge and understanding of some of the main events, people and changes studied;
- describe similarities and differences within and across different periods;
- ask appropriate historical questions, e.g. about a picture, artefact or story; after research or using sources, propose some additional questions for future consideration; and
- be given the opportunity to learn about Ancient Greece and changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age.